Dr. Scott P. Goldstein
Board-Certified Surgical Podiatrist
Inspired by his own passion for sports, Dr. Goldstein specializes in Podiatrics and joined Twin Palm Orthopedics in 2014.
A wrestler at the college level, today Dr. Goldstein sticks to marathon running and possesses a keen understanding of the issues runners face. He enjoys helping other athletes regain and maintain their active lifestyles, young and old alike.
From ankle reconstruction due to trauma to full ankle replacement, he asserts that there is no problem too complex to tackle.
Dr. Goldstein was born and raised in Ocala and went to college in South Carolina and received his D.P.M from Barry University in South Florida.
Married in 2003 to Kristi, the couple is raising two girls, Sophie and Stella. In his leisure time, Dr. Goldstein enjoys biking, skiing and the enthusiastic thank you’s from former patients that he runs into about town.
“I like high risk surgeries and difficult trauma cases; there is great satisfaction in knowing I have touched someone’s life for the better.”
- Twin Palm Orthopedics, Ocala, FL, October 2014 – present
- Foot and Ankle Center of Ocala, Ocala, FL, July 2008 – October 2014
- Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences – Miami Shores, Florida, August 2001 – May 2005
- College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Program
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Degree awarded, May 2005
- Anderson University – Anderson, South Carolina, August 1997 – May 2001
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, May 2001
- University of Dubuque – Dubuque, Iowa, August 1996 – June 1997
- Florida Hospital East Orlando, Orlando, Florida, 7/05 – 7/08
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency (PM&S-36)
Thirty-six months of extensive surgical training in elective/trauma of the forefoot, hindfoot, and ankle surgery, with high volumes of foot and ankle trauma, reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle, diabetic limb salvage, with the application of both internal and external fixation devices. Additional ten months of surgical and medical rotations: Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Infectious Disease, Anesthesiology, Radiology, and Pathology Comprehensive clinical training in hospital patient management and outpatient clinical treatment at the Florida Hospital East Orlando Family Healthcare Clinic.
- University Clinic “Carl Gustav Carus”, Dresden, Germany 1/08-2/08
- AO Trauma Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Surgery
- – Prof Dr. Hans Zwipp , Director of Specialty foot and ankle clinic. High volume trauma hospital, emergency medicine, foot and ankle fractures.
- Board Certified in Reconstructive Rearfoot / Ankle Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle surgery.
- State of Florida, Licensed Podiatric Physician
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Podiatric Medical Association Member
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association Member
- Florida Hospital East Orlando
- Chief Resident 2007 – 2008
- Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences
- Recipient of Dean’s Academic Scholarship
- Academic Dean’s List, 2002 – 2005
- Podiatric Clinical Faculty Merit Scholarship, 2004/2005
- Pi Delta Podiatric Honor Society
- Academic Presidents List, 2004/2005
- Anderson College
- Academic Dean’s List, 1997 – 2001
- Honors Society
- NCAA Athletic All-American in wrestling
- 3x NCAA Academic All-American
- President – North Central Florida Podiatric Medical Association. 2010 -2014
- Munroe Regional Medical Center – OR Committee
- Munroe Regional Medical Center – Medical Records Committee
- Vice – President: Student Body (FPMSA) Florida Podiatric Medical Student
- Association, 2003
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Member, 2005-present
- American Podiatric Medical Association Member, 2001-present
- Graduate Medical Education Committee – Florida Hospital, 2007-2008
- Inbone Total Ankle Arthroplasty Cadaveric Skills Course, Memphis, TN
- Prophecy Total Ankle Arthroplasty Cadaveric Skills Course, Memphis, TN
- Small Bone Innovations Scandinavian Total Ankle Replacement (STAR) Cadaveric Skills Course, Pine Hill, NC
- Zimmer Total Ankle Arthroplasty Cadaveric Skills Course, Tampa, FL
- Salto Total Ankle Cadaveric Skills Course, St. Paul, MN
- Advanced External Fixation – Taylor Spatial Frame Course, Memphis, Tennessee, October 2006, Charles Taylor, MD
- Lower Extremity Trauma and Joint Arthrosis Using External Fixation – American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Orlando, Florida, March 2007
- Application of Monolateral and Circular External Fixation in Reconstructive Advanced Foot and Ankle Reconstructive Course, Clearwater Beach, FL / Palm Coast, FL, Course Chairmen: John Anderson, MD and Donald Bohay, MD
- Foot and Ankle Deformity Correction, Tampa, Florida, October 2006, James Wang, DPM
- AO North America Podiatric Comprehensive Course, Portland, Oregon November 2005
- AO North America Advanced Internal Fixation Podiatric Course, Chicago, Illinois, August 2006, Chairmen, Charles Gudas, DPM, Kieran Mahan, DPM, John Ruch, DPM, John Schuberth, DPM
- Advanced/Comprehensive foot and ankle Reconstruction Course, Orlando, Florida, April 2007, Dr Anderson MD, Dr Bohay MD
- Scientific and Management (SAM) Seminar, Florida Podiatric Medical Association, Orlando FL, 2002-2007
- Annual Meeting, American Podiatric Medical Association, Orlando, Florida 2005
- Agnes Foot and Ankle Seminar, Miami, Florida 2004-2005
- Foot and Ankle Reconstruction Trauma Symposium, Orlando, Florida 2005-2006 Course Director, Luis Marin
- Annual Meeting and Scientific Seminar, American College and Foot and Ankle Surgeons, Orlando, Florida, March 2007; Long Beach, CA, February 2008, 2014
- Mid-Atlantic Foot and Ankle Seminar, Fairfax, VA 2004
- Grand Rounds ORMC, Treatment on Pilon Fractures, Orlando, Florida, October 2007, Roy Sanders MD
- Essentials of Circular Fixation-SBI Lower Limb Course – Long Beach, CA, February 2008
- “Ankle Fractures and Trauma” Lecture at the FPMA Science & Management Seminar, Orlando, FL 2014
- “Peroneal Pathology” Round Table (podcast) at the Annual American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Seminar, Orlando, FL 2014
- “Endoscopic Compartment Release of the leg for Exercised Induced Compartment Syndrome” – Presenter – American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Scientific Poster Presentation Competition.
- “The Correlation Between Equnius Deformity in Patients Presenting With Proximal Plantar Heel Pain: A Prospective Analysis” – Florida Hospital
- “Open Reduction Internal Fixation of a Diabetic Neuropathic Ankle Fracture Utilizing the Fibula-Pro-Tibia Technique: A Case Series” – Presenter – American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Scientific Poster Presentation Competition
- “Subtalar Joint Arthrodesis Combined with Evans Calcaneal Osteotomy for The Treatment of a Recurrent Middle Facet Coalition: A Case Report” – Presenter – American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Scientific Poster Presentation Competition
- Habitat for Humanity, Miami, Florida 2001 – 2003
- Foot Care for The Homeless, Miami, Florida 2003
- Medical Team Member at the New York City Triathlon 2002
- Sole foundation, surgical mission trip, Santiago, DR, 2007
- State of Florida
- License Number: PO3280